Le Temps Revient...

Poetry, Music, Art & Ideas for the Archaic Recurrence...

jueves, 20 de enero de 2011

Hispania Ulterior Canto I.


















1  
Is not to follow an antiquated poetic device,
Rather alike naught but untold vice?
Musty old books, collecting lice?
Counting not once nor twice but thrice!

2
Howe'er here be collected thoughts,
Regal'd to you, feel not so distraught!
That if amusement here be sought,
A hardback version need not be bought!

3
One more thing shouldst I have to say,
Then from dear old Britannia shall I be on my way,
That in jest these words of mine,
Have releas'd me from an untold crime.

4
That little of Hispanic life be known, 
Naught but cliché, falsely shown,
So I now venture -set the record straight,
To tell of diverse lands, seemeth my fate!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario